I actually enjoyed this chapter. I feel like I got some good information from it. It was interesting to read about the different categories of websites and then to find that one individual category, commercial websites, can be subdivided into other categories.
The most pertinent information to me, though, was probably the user feedback that T. Rowe Price received to their first-generation website. It was interesting to find out that users do not particularly like the hierarchical organization that forces them to navigate through a million pages. It's better to get them there as quickly as possible. I might want to consider that on my website. But I don't think that my website is nearly as complex as an investment website. It probably won't be more than two clicks for users to find what they're looking for on my website.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, this chapter was a lot more useful and made real world sense to me, as I don't relate well to video game examples. I also found the different stages interesting and can see how important consumer feedback is. Maybe I will start answering some of the feedback surveys I get...maybe.
ReplyDelete